Resp & Qualifications
The intern is an integral member of the Product Management Team, part of the larger Enterprise Strategy and Development Division at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. This team is responsible for the product lifecycle of CareFirsts Commercial, Government, Medical and Ancillary Products from strategic conception to launch to maintenance.
Ideally this opportunity would run as a year-round internship program. The ideal candidate is someone who can work throughout the year up to 15-20 hours in the Fall/Spring AND full time (35 to 40) in the summer. This is a hybrid internship and the student will be expected to come into the office once per week.
- Seek to learn and understand insurance products in-depth.
- Analyze and gather competitive intelligence information for differing lines of business (medical, dental, pharmacy, life, disability, wellness, etc.).
- Analyze market and segment competitors.
- Conduct ad hoc market research on segments and products.
- Assist in project management tasks of tracking, outreaching and reporting out of tasks for project plans.
- Develop and maintain excel spreadsheets to produce meaningful insights from the data.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and support departmental projects and initiatives.
- Assist with development, review, and fulfillment of marketing materials.
- Provide crucial quality checks of various benefit-level documents produced for members, providers, employers, etc.
- Attend various meetings and participate in team activities.
Education Level: This position requires an individual working towards at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
Experience: Junior or Senior Undergraduate or Graduate level student targeting majors in Marketing, Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Heath, Public Relations or Economics with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self -starter who can work independently with little direction.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and the Internet.
- Strong research skills-Ability to search internet and have a desire/interest in healthcare.
Salary Range: $18,720 – $26,000
Salary Range Disclaimer
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All intern positions will be paid hourly.
Product & Brand Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship. OPT/CPT not available for this role