The role supports the US Firm across a range of projects related to the firm’s strategy and financial performance. The Analyst will work closely with the Finance & Administration organization and other firm Businesses and Enabling Areas throughout the lifecycle of an M&A transaction.
The M&A Finance Analyst will be responsible for supporting the M&A Senior Analysts, Managers and Senior Managers in all areas of an acquisition lifecycle to drive analysis and strategic decisions, gain consensus among stakeholders and prepare clear, concise and compelling presentations for leadership. The acquisition lifecycle includes initial financial due diligence, business case modeling and review, understanding the target’s accounting processes, integration planning and execution and post-acquisition support and review. The Analyst will also support the team in financial analysis, excel modeling, report creation and standardization, identifying impacts of decisions and activities that affect the broader support organization and other ad-hoc requests.
- Lead specific work streams within the M&A lifecycle to completion; support M&A Finance Senior Analysts, Managers, Senior Managers and Directors in other workstreams
- Support Financial diligence in assigned deals, which include comprehensive financial and operational analysis, quality of earnings, strategic fit, understanding the accounting/finance organization and identification of potential integration considerations. Analyze financial data provided by targets, identify risk factors, develop questions for Financial diligence meetings and participate in diligence meetings with the target; develop slides within Financial due diligence deck to share with Senior Leaders
- Support detailed business case reviews for assigned deals to challenge assumptions and assess impact from a financial and operational standpoint. Use judgment in how to assess, value and present performance measurement analyses for non-traditional business models. Builds knowledge across enabling areas to support business case inputs. Support development of presentations with key findings and recommendations.
- Support integration planning, including gaining a deep understanding of the targeted business to identify integration risks and recommended mitigation.
- Support the integration of acquired companies to Deloitte, without impeding the company’s profitability and performance. Work with the business sponsors, integration teams and other Finance teams to support all aspects of finance integration activities. Develop project plans for integration and support current-state assessments and future-state recommendations
- Work to solve problems that arise within assigned workstreams. Use resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to identify and structure creative solutions, support socialization of the solutions. Continue to build relationships and an understanding of Firm processes and systems. Continue to build upon seeing problems through a variety of lenses and considering all aspects of a solution.
- Lead discussions within assigned workstream, and support other team members in discussions in other workstreams, with M&A stakeholders (e.g. Corporate Development, Business Sponsors, other Enabling areas) to drive issues to resolution; develop agenda and send out action items after meetings.
- Possess a client service mentality; work comfortably on a variety of projects and deliverables simultaneously. Supports development of leadership-level presentations from initial story boarding to logical structuring to presentation and delivery.
- Support International Ventures with Deloitte Global firms in diligence, integration and post-deal support including investment tracking, accounting, financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, planning and other Finance matters.
- Support the preparation of internal reports and presentations for senior leadership on acquisition performance.
- Lead various special projects that may be identified.
- Mentor junior team members including associate analysts and summer interns
The successful candidate will possess:
The ideal candidate for this position should have experience successfully playing a key role in complex projects (e.g. M&A Transactions) under tight timeframes. Seeking a candidate who thinks strategically, works independently without direct supervision, sets high expectations for self and others, achieves results on time and takes action beyond formal job responsibility. The ideal candidate must also possess a flexible work style as the scope and variety of work will frequently change depending on the current portfolio and pipeline of transactions.
The Mergers & Acquisition Finance team provides specialized support of Deloitte US Firms’ mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and Member Firm combinations. The team brings a mix of accounting, finance, Deloitte knowledge, project management, strategy, and consulting skillsets to each deal to analyze, plan, execute and manage the finance aspects of the acquisition. We are a tight-knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships across the firm. We strive to deliver out of the box thinking and creative solutions as each deal is unique and brings new challenges to solve. Although the team is disbursed geographically, we are well connected in a virtual setting.
- 2+ years relevant accounting, finance, consulting, M&A or professional services experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate across all levels of the organization; team player always willing to help others
- Excellent Microsoft Power Point capabilities and ability to create compelling presentations to drive buy-in and socialization of recommendations; able to ‘tell the story’
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Attention to detail and a goal of continuous process improvement
- Ability to team well with others in a virtual environment across geographic boundaries
- Strong commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Some travel (about 15 – 20%) may be required given the hands-on nature of the role
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $54,500 – $100,300
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.