Join the always-growing family at Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery as we work with our cooperative of local farmers to create award-winning cheese! Committed to our Team, Craft & Community, Since 1910
JOB TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: CFO
This position is responsible for performing detailed financial analysis, designing forecast models, and creating financial reports to improve efficiencies that drive informed decision making across the company. This Senior Financial Analyst will also assist as a back-up for other key positions.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with costing and pricing analysis for new sales opportunities and on current portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally across departments to provide ad-hoc analysis and data gathering.
- Assists manufacturing facilities in creating analysis tools or models.
- Assist in the development of financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting tools.
- Support the monthly preparation of financial results for the board package.
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly reports to support the Federal Milk Marketing Order (FMMO) and USDA regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist with month end close activities by preparing journal entries as directed and providing backup support.
- Perform monthly variance analysis on changes to income statement, balance sheet, and earnings by business.
- Participate in preparation of financial audits, milk audits, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Create standardized templates and reports to track key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Prepare and develop reports and dashboards in software tools such as Power BI.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field (MBA/CPA preferred).
- 5 years of financial analysis experience preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Proficient with Excel (Advanced), Word, and Power Point.
- Experience working with general ledger, ERP, and other financial systems.
- Understanding of relationships between income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Familiarity with risk management concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge of dairy, cheese, or commodity markets is a plus.
- The ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments and diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborative and Team focused mindset.
- Limited travel between locations expected.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with critical information.
- Maintain a positive public image for the Company
ABOUT ELLSWORTH COOPERATIVE CREAMERY: At Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery, our team members are more than employees; you are like family and we want you to succeed. This culture has contributed to the longevity of our staff, whose careers at Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery span 10, 20 and even 50 years! Our Ellsworth, Wisconsin facility specializes solely in the production of our world-famous All Natural White Cheddar Cheese Curds, both natural and flavored, our All Natural Cheddar Cheese Curd Crumbles and sweet whey powder.